View Single Post
03-30-2011   #243 (permalink)
Nihil679
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

so uh, going back to that .hack//-slash-The World idea
I thought about it for a while and decided, rather than making it wholly based on the series, we can make an RP that is based on its concepts and such, not a complete RP on it.
Basically it would be an RP about online games and real life events during that time.
I've thought of storylines and such as that, so I guess I have a general concept of it, but nothing has really solidified itself into my head yet (as it never does).

Pretty much what I thought up of so far seems... rather experimental to me. I want it to be somewhat autonomous. Although I'll guide through whatever story I manage to craft, an RP like this kind of feels like you should be able to do a lot of things without the help of a leader. In a way, it's a hangout RP with plot.

Haven't a name for it, nor a proper story yet, but some things I kind of want to have:
-Real world character and avatar/online character, as well as interactions on both levels.
-Real world events that are/can be affected by the game.
-Freedom plays a huge role, there are limits and principles, but autonomy seems best.

It's a turbulent season, so this won't happen soon (if it is to happen at all), considering everyone's current busy life (and my lackthereof) and being a heavily experimental thing, still need to work out foreseeable problems. I honestly don't think there would be many problems, because I trust this forum to manage well, but it's mainly things like my lack of strong detail and such that might lead to trouble.

Ideas? Suggestions? Critiques?