View Single Post
03-27-2011   #822 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Lelouch is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am new to this forum and have a problem trying to play SDGO.

My computer is an Intel based iMac, 2.16GHz CPU, graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT, 1GB RAM.
I have previously read that it is possible to play this game on BootCamp Windows.

My Windows version is: Windows XP SP3 (Version 5.1 (Build 2006.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647 : Service Pack 3)
I am trying to play SDGO on the HK server (because I know people playing on this).

What happens is that, when I click on START, my computer would be crashed before the login screen.
When I double click the icon, and click START, if there are any updates, it will update, (I think the client version on mine now is 1.0.39), then nProtect GameGuard would run, but after that, the game does not start/show up, i.e. the login screen does not appear as it should, and there is no game window at all no matter how long I wait. If I click anything, even trying to bring up Task Manager, it would crash my computer, you can move the cursor, but no matter what you press/click, there is no response.

I do not think it is a Windows version problem, because I have a 7+ year old native Windows laptop,, running the EXACT SAME Windows OS as the one I have on my iMac, hardware for the laptop is Intel Pentium 4, NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200, 512MB RAM, and that can play the game. Although on the laptop, I can only play Versus, if I try to play Missions, it would automatically disconnect and close the game (no idea why), but it has never crashed the laptop. Firewall wise, exact same firewall for the laptop and this iMac with Windows, Free version of AVG.

So, I presume it is not a hardware problem, seeing as my iMac has better hardware(I think?), and not a Windows version problem, as they are exactly the same.
I can only think of two possibilities right now, one, is that I was mis-informed, running Windows through BootCamp does not let me play SDGO (although all other games that are XP compatible I have installed work without problems), and just SDGO does not work, or two, I have software/codec missing.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong? Am I missing something? If so, what am I missing?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I would really like to play this game.

Thank you in advance if you can suggest any help.

Many Thanks,
From Lelouch

Last edited by Lelouch; 03-27-2011 at 12:05 PM.