View Single Post
03-04-2011   #48 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online
Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Originally Posted by Kenzor
This exactly (and what Minuss said earlier)
There's a reason why summoner spells exist; so they can be used by any champion.

Yumidesu, after your Blitzcrank example, it just sounds like you're crying that people keep flashing away from you.

If you're a overfed AP carry and say someone like Jarvan (great example actually) uses ulti on you, are you just going to sit there and let Jarvan's team focus you?
Minuss doesn't get my point, so I won't bother anymore.

Yeah, it's not the most satisfying thing when people Flash away from you and it costs you a kill or something you clearly would have had if they didn't have Flash.

In that example you mentioned, no other spell would save you, unless it's Flash.

Ignite would just do a bit of damage, and you're unlikely to kill a tanky Jarvan as a squishy AP carry. Exhaust would mitigate a lot of his damage, but he could still CC you using any slows he has (Mallet or Lizard) and use his own slow or knockup. Ghost might get you out of that bad situation if you were able to survive the initial 3.5~4 seconds of burst from Jarvan. Depends. Flash, however, instantly teleports you out of that area and out of that bad situation.

It's the own player's fault (in this case, the AP carry's) for being bad at positioning and letting their Jarvan get close enough to ult you, since his ult's range isn't all that large. Flash lets that mistake act like it never happened, since you can easily Flash out of it.

But, Xpec does have a point. Flash isn't nowhere as bad as it used to be. Since the CD has been nerfed to like, 1.5m~2m more than what it used to be, and it not popping projectiles anymore.