View Single Post
01-20-2011   #10 (permalink)
Manabi
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

There's always more latency (what you feel as lag) over wireless, just because it's slower than wired and subject to all kinds of possible interference. Add in the fact that La Tale as a whole is much more sensitive to latency than most MMOs and you have a recipe for frustration over wireless. Since it's fine wired the problem definitely isn't your ISP, although it could be the wireless portion of the router. Routers can flake out, and they don't always die at once. Sometimes just parts of them croak, so it's completely possible that the wireless parts are dying and the wired parts work fine. (I have an old router that works fine, except for the Internet port failed. You could conceivably make it a wireless access point that routes through another touer, but it's not really worth the effort.) It's not worth buying a new router to check really, unless you've seen other signs that the wireless is acting up.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)