Thread: GSL Jan 2011
View Single Post
01-07-2011   #13 (permalink)
Henreh
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
i dont understand why you're iq dropped unless you were reading comments.

just means that sc2 is extraordinarily less popular than BW in korea
i knew it was unpopular, but its surprising that it's THIS unpopular

how long has bw been out? around 11 years. BW has an extremely huge fanbase in Korea where tens of thousands go to finals events.

I'm sure you know who 'SlayerS'_BoxeR is, he only had 50 people watching him.
He's the most known player in e-Sports.

korean SC2 popularity is also declining

you probably won't understand the fomos article as well unless you've been following the KeSPA-Gretech/Blizzard lawsuit drama
I wouldn't go to the studio to see Boxer play especially when I could just sit at home and watch his games stream for free. He might be innovative but he's not winning as much as he should be and it's the same for the BW legends July + Nada. The thing is people don't like the current state of SC2 right now. There are no balanced maps but no one is creating said maps like the community of BW. The meta-game is progressing rapidly even though there are people like bitbybit doing all ins and winning games against solid players. The game itself won't flop but the K-scene would need to give it time because really there's a lot more potential with SC2's engine.

edit: o and watching muta balls, tank pushes, and mass recalls are getting boring I might say.