View Single Post
12-06-2010   #1 (permalink)
Sandrie
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e
Default Latale Wiki Cleanup

Okay since the monster project is failing miserably, let's try something else until perhaps winter break, when people have more time.

Search results - /gg FTW! La Tale Wikilol all deleted already

Also, try clicking this a few times and see if you get something not latale related:
random button
lol always get latale

Notice all those pages that have absolutely nothing to do with Latale? I can delete them, but finding them is a different story.

This one is easier, all you have to do is find a page that isn't about latale and add this on the last line of the page:
Code:
<noinclude>[[Category:Delete|{{PAGENAME}}]]</noinclude>
Simple right? I'll see if I can have a few more examples for the monsters and whatnot by the time we get this done (or maybe something else, since I'm having a hard time finding some monsters).

Sandrie is nice so here's a list of keywords one could use to find irrelevant pages (it seems that the bot got most of it though) :
Imagine Online
Megaten
Emil Chronicle Online
Dungeon Fighter (doesn't appear to be in the latale wiki)
Trickster Online
Lunia
Grand Chase
Concerto Gate
Dragonica
Holy Beast
Mabinogi
Pangya
Perfect World
Ragnarok (2)
Wakfu
Also, if you are searching, click on these boxes for (better?) searching:

(edit:You can check category talk too, forgot to click orz)

You can use google too, just type "site:wiki.ggftw.com/latale KEYWORDS HERE" in the box.

Do NOT add the delete category to user pages or user talk.

Thanks.

Edit:It was brought to my attention that this is still really, really confusing. So okay here's the explanation (long/boring perhaps).

Once upon a time, the wikis we had were one giant wiki. Because of this, we had to employ namespaces (LT, Latale, TO, MT, DF, Trickster Online, etc) in order to keep everything straight. However, now each wiki is now it's own wiki, so there isn't a need for namespaces anymore.

Why are there Trickster pages in the Latale wiki? To be honest I'm not sure, but when the wikis were moved to their own separate instance, it seems that all the pages in the big wiki tagged along with the latale ones (you can see this in the other wikis too, although I'm making the effort to get them purged).

The code I'm asking people to add to pages will NOT delete anything. It simply adds it to the "Delete" Category, which from there I will delete if appropriate. It is VERY HARD to "break" a wiki, so don't be scared to try. Even if something gets "broken", there is an undo button to fix it up very quickly.

If anyone has questions/comments, please just post them here.

Last edited by Sandrie; 12-09-2010 at 12:22 AM.