View Single Post
11-22-2010   #8 (permalink)
Deadeye87
ggFTW Stalker

Deadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of lightDeadeye87 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Deadeye87
Class: Treasure Hunter lt_treasurehunter

I know for a fact that starting off on a first char will lead to rather weak equips, and not much way to fund them.

A good way to save ely on this is to skip the NPC armor sets entirely and only get the instance sets, going from Invoke full set to Hyunmu, then Sphinx. Farming the instance mobs solo for them will take a very long time - just ask a nearby level 100 and above for some help doing a boss run for the set, and most will oblige provided you only take 1 copy of the set and leave the rest of the drops for them as payment. I wasn't so lucky back in my lowbies; my post on my Hyunmu set in the frustration thread is still there. xD

As for the weapon, stick with the basic NPC stuff (go for the cheapest white or green colored stuff sold in shops unless you get a nice one from drops), then use the weak special weapon coupon from a successful Dark Moon Princess run to get the phantom sword. It has a delicious invincibility special, and the attack on it will last for around 20 levels - by then you're close to changing to your 2nd class anyway. No need to waste ely puzzling stuff unless you're EXTREMELY confident, or have a friend with 100% enchant rate who's willing to foot the bill. Breaking stuff on 95% on low levels can kill your training momentum as you scramble for funds for a replacement.