View Single Post
10-08-2010   #1 (permalink)
Ethane
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE
Default World of Tanks: F2P WWII Tank MMO

World of Tanks — Free-To-Play Panzer MMO Game, Promo Web-Site

World of Tanks is awesome and you must play it. It's that simple.

The game is currently in closed beta but getting a key isn't hard at all. You can get a key by looking around or just emailing a request as per the instructions at the WoT website.

Why this game is so awesome

BECAUSE IT'S WORLD WAR II TANKS KURSKING IT OUT EVERY MINUTE

But seriously, it's a cross between a FPS and an MMO. With tanks. World War II tanks. And we all know World War II had the best tanks.

Currently the selection is over 60 (that's OVER SIXTY) tanks to choose from. You have artillery if you want to kill tanks from a distance. There's light, medium and heavy tanks; there's also defensive tank destroyers. The guys behind this game freaking love tanks and it shows. Once WoT is released proper, it will have just about every single tank in the entire war, even the unusual and ugly ones only their mothers could love. Currently tanks range from the dinky little first-tier tankettes all the way up to beasts like the Maus. There's a bit of a grind but it's not too bad because this game is so damn FUN.

SO IT'S FREE TO PLAY OH GOD CASH SHOP TANKS ARE GOING TO KILL ME

No, they're not. The cash shop tanks suck. I'm not kidding. They're the worst tanks in the game.

No, I'm not making this up. The only benefits to having a cash shop tank is the cash shop rounds are cheap.

You don't believe me? THIS IS A CASH SHOP TANK vvvvvvvvvvvv

If that thing is lucky it might be able to take out a Fiat hatchback with that cannon

BUT I SUCK AT FPS GAMES BAAAAAWWWWWWW

So do we! But this game is still fun and you can get kills anyway!

COOL I WANT TO START OUT IN A TIGER II OR A IS-4

Not happening. You gotta work your way up just like every other MMO. You CAN start out in a heavy tank via cash shop points but as I already said you do not want to do that.

Also, you can have just as much fun in the little light tanks. Every once in a while I put my Panzer IV away and roll around with my PanzerJager I. It's still fun!

WHAT KIND OF COMPUTER MACHINE DO I NEED

You're going to need a fairly competent gaming machine to run World of Tanks. If your computer can barely handle Trickster or Lunia or whatever then you might as well forget it

I WANT TO HANG AROUND WITH MY BESTEST GGFTW BUDS AND HAVE A GUILD AND ETC ETC ETC

Currently you can have platoons up to four players, and considering how the goons are working to make their presence in the game, yes I'd definitely like to get a GGFTW legion of doom rolling. Me and a couple of my buddies are already rolling out nightly, and yes you can join! We're at irc.synirc.net, in the channel #rhtanks. You're also going to want to install Teamspeak, we'll tell you what to connect to in the IRC channel. We're not running a daycare so if you act like you just fell off the Gaia Online wagon we're going to kick your ass off in a heartbeat.

Some tanks are better than others, and some are pure hax. Once (and if) we get this ball rolling we'll set up a knowledge base on all the tanks.

I DON'T WANT TO JOIN YOUR STUPID CHANNEL AND TEAMSPEAK BUT I WANT TO LEARN MORE

Goons love to sperg about games like these and there's a 200+ page thread in the games forum over at SomethingAwful where you can get every OCD detail. It's currently open to view threads there for free. Also, the official forums at the WoT website is amazingly enough not terrible.