View Single Post
09-17-2010   #3 (permalink)
NoeJeko
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Eh.. somewhat. Your last point is precisely valid -- no current donor will have anything they've been given removed, ever. We're looking to expand the benefits of Premium memberships and if we add new features to that they will not be applied retroactively to donors because it's handled by two different systems. Current subscribers do not see an ad-free ggFTW -- this will change once donations close down on the 30th.

There's a bit of logic behind this. First, donations appear too "hobbyish" and we are most definitely not someone's hobby. That perception is hampering my ability to work with some major publishers and keep bringing us cool things. Second, any "plugin" we run slows down innovation as we have to check compatibility of all third party plugins before we can deploy new features. This can take hours or days so I'm trying to cut back the number of plugins we use that weren't specifically developed by us.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.