View Single Post
09-06-2010   #12 (permalink)
Harlequin
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mello
I was simply talking about the art style,
and it was the reason for me not continuing on watching the show
as for the show itself it's look's pretty good.
I'd be seeing more of it if the background art styles was a bit different
There is actually a purpose behind the stylized background and animation style. It's intended to mimic ancient Japanese scrolls/prints. The reason behind this mimicry is the premise of the show, alternate-reality Japan, where the Shogunate is still in control. It's the modern era, but things are still handled in an ancient fashion.

On another note, I don't mind if you don't like the art. But you don't need to degrade it by calling it a "cheap puppet show."