/ggFTW Writing Challenge Vol. 3!
Remake of this:
Volume 1 can be found here: /forum/literature/74...challenge.html
Volume 2 can be found here: /forum/literature/78...e-vol-2-a.html
A long time ago, Cath and I both got a crazy idea at the same time: To make basically a fiction quilt. While many stepped up to the plate, many also lost steam. I figured it deserved another go, so we made it happen, with a decent amount of success. And now, we bring you Volume 2, with new promps, and previous contributors can write for us again!
So here it is! A second coming of the writing challenge!
New in this version:
30 prompts now to give more people a chance to participate
Old unclaimed prompts from older versions may be claimed here too.
The Prompt Table
NOTE: You can't take claimed prompts. Prompts that no one likes will be replaced every other week for variety.
Vol 3 prompts:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
What the hell is this anyway?
The culprit was this thread: (link)
. Mitchi and I had this shared idea of doing a writing activity similar to the fanfic100
challenge, only on a more manageable scale. tl;dr, here's the gist of it:
Err... Come again?
- We will provide a table filled with "prompts" or a random assortment of words.
- Claim a prompt that inspires you, and start writing!
- Post your piece, read each other's work, and enjoy the sheer pleasure of reading and writing.
Anyone can pick numbers/prompts from the table below, and pledge to write something (short story, fanfic, poetry, essay, novel, etc) using that prompt. Each time people post their pieces, I'll link the submission into the table until all the prompts are used, like sewing together a patchwork quilt.
Posting Your Finished Work
- Original pieces or fanfiction (game/TV/movies/etc) will do. Game fanfics are encouraged, though, since we're a gaming community.
- Any genre (action/adventure/horror/romance/humor/etc)
- Any length or format (just use common sense; 1 sentence is NOT a valid submission)
- Each person can claim a max of 5 prompts; first come, first served. To claim a prompt, reply here with your choice. (If you decide to back out, please leave a note here so that someone else can adopt your abandoned claim.)
- 1 prompt = 1 piece, although you can get 5 prompts and use them to write a 5-chapter story
- Collaborations and co-writing are encouraged.
- We're not grammar Nazis since we're doing this for fun, but do bother to use Word's spellcheck feature.
- ENJOY IT. We're not competing or anything. ^o^
Please fill up the form below. Be sure to include the link to your fic (new thread or your MMOG blog). Thanks!
[B]Link:[/B] (URL - thread or /ggFTW blog)
[B]Fandom:[/B] Original OR specify name of Game/Movie/TV/Anime/etc
[B]Rating:[/B] G/PG/PG-13/R (no NC-17 please)
[B]Author's Note:[/B] (Optional)
I know there are people who love to write out there, somewhere... COME ON OUT AND SHINE! 8D
- Binary -- Claimed by iFarted *done*
- Swirl -- Claimed by Catharsis *done*
- Beyond -- Claimed by Milkshakes*done*
- Stumble -- Claimed by Milkshakes*done*
- Rush -- Claimed by Leille*done*
- Writer's choice -- Claimed by Mitchi*done*
- Washed away -- Claimed by Milkshakes
- Paper -- Claimed by Catharsis
- Writer's choice -- Claimed by Catharsis
- Texture -- Claimed by Leille
- Overflow -- Claimed by Eternal
- Disaster -- Claimed by Mitchi
- Alive -- Claimed by Dani
- Ghosts -- Claimed by Sanichi
- Writer's choice
- Writer's choice
- Writer's choice
Vol 1: Love
Vol 2: Salvation
Completed Stories 6/30 (18% done)
2 out of 5 Pepperonis
You see through his eyes.
Author's Note:Binary to Text (ASCII) Conversion
You'll need this.
Take this fetid heart
Pull it apart
The man you once knew is in there,
Old stuff. (Warnings: drugs, sex, rock & roll)
Pushed to limits. Striking back to insanity.
Extremely fragmented. Props to those who can pull a storyline from it.
Title: What Lies Beyond
Link: DevART link, too lazy to post in my blog, will edit post when I put it in there.
You know the drill, girl dies, becomes alone, cries, and has a suprise waiting for her.
Stumble upon Darkness
Link: Here you go.
NI - No Idea
A kid dies.
Marble Hornets/Slenderman myth
Yes, I intend to think twice before walking the dog after midnight.
What happens when my imagination gets the better of me. Yes, I actually went on a walk on a foggy night while it was cold and wet, and yes, I got scared as f*** but the actual time stop/long hallway thing never actually happened. Whether or not I actually saw a shadowy apparition outside my window is something else entirely