View Single Post
08-05-2010   #6932 (permalink)
MedicationGeneration
ggFTW Regular

MedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud of

Arkarian is right. The fact that it's so much of a profit suggests that there is no reason for them to withold the idea. There's plenty of reason, in our eyes, as we have to pay for it, but "we'll get used to it", because we'll have no choice. People are allowed to hate something, that doesn't mean they don't have to do it, though.
And Loki, you're idea is the better, more realistic way of dealing with this situation without going through it the "old-skool" way of shutting everything down and telling people there's only one way to do it, whether they like it or not. Even though, the idea of making the limit for Tapasco Volcano, of all places, level 200+ would be a little inconsiderate, (I'm not saying you're wrong, by any means,) I just believe that Tapasco Volcano, of all places, ised more by people of level 120 - 150, more-so than the expected 200+. The only time Tapasco supported levels above 200 were when they introduced the Tapasco Mine and Quests. And if that were to happen, to eliminate another possible place of travel for those under the level limit, it would remove yet another place of opportunity to grind in such a well-known, reasonable place. We've already had the famous Snow Field 3 taken away from us, we can't afford to lose yet another spot. Having said that, The last 3 character's I've made have never set foot in Tapasco Volcano, other than the 3rd job quest. It is possible to reach 150+ without going to Tap, only, I believe that's because I've had all this time to perfect the equips I've needed to reach the requirement those other areas need.

On a last note; Suppose we did have level limits on Portable Port Deluxes, how is anyone under let's say... Level 100, meant to get to Tapasco Volcano? For any reason at all. There's no way they could possibly have an easy time walking all that way. On some characters, it's difficult enough making it to Snow Hill, from Megalopolis, let alone Techichi to Tapasco. The thing we have to take into consideration is; Yes, we've grown past those times, and it wouldn't worry us the slightest bit, which is why we see no problem in it, but we need to think of the fresh Trickster Online population, or even the fresh characters, not players. After-all, in life today, we work for the future, not for the present.

-- Again, I'd just like to mention, not in any way did I mean to disregard, disrespect or dismiss (or "diss" ....rofl. Thought I'd throw that in) any of the previous statements of the forum users, I'm was simply expressing my point, as does everyone else. So please don't take anything the wrong way, as I did not mean it in that way at all.