View Single Post
07-20-2010   #1 (permalink)
Ascherit
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default VN PROJECT: SOS: The Genderswap Chronicles

Now, before you guys tie me to a stake over a fire and demand fast release of this game...

Since I've decided to take over programming, this will essentially be a one-man project, so don't expect it to come out by the end of this year or anything. I would prefer to program the VN myself so I can work at my own pace without having to worry about my programmers going MIA or quitting halfway.

Ok, now on to the technical stuff

SOS: The Genderswap Chronicles
*ALL THINGS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS I WORK ON THE VN*

VN Engine: Ren'Py 6.10.2
Projected Release: 2011
Genre: Comedy, Romance (both kinds, cough), Horror (only slightly), Action, Adventure
Plot: You start off as a young woman by the name of Dani, who suddenly falls unconscious after drinking a mysterious liquid on her counter top. When she wakes up, she finds herself in the middle of post-apocalyptic Earth, and she also finds out that she is no longer a she. You then play as Danny, a dashing young man who is clueless about his surroundings and require the help of local residents to survive and return back to his female body. Unbeknownst to the protagonist, the local residents happen to be Dani's friends before she fell unconscious, and like Dani, they were also genderswapped in this crumbling dystopia. Neither party have any memories of one another, so it is up to you to choose a 'friend' to trust and to rebuild those memories with until you are able to escape from post-apocalyptic Earth and return to your female body. Depending on who you choose to trust, you may end up living happily ever after or dead. Or both.
Characters: Dani (Danny), Geno (Me), Shani (Shnao), Sheep (Sheep), Shinkka (Shinkky), Finette (Fineti), ????, ???? (indicates surprise characters)
Teasers:

Updates:

7/20
* Began project
* Downloaded Ren'Py
* Learning how2program

8/1
* Geno expressions completed [4/4]
* Shani expressions in-progress [1/4]
* Sheep design in-progress
* Prologue finished (programming+graphics)
* Beginning menu/game layouts

8/4
* Sheep expressions in-progress [1/4]
* Shinkka design in-progress
* Splash screen/menu bg added
* Few technical adjustments made
* Preliminary bg music added
* Added legit teaser

8/21
*Shani expressions completed
*Bonus character #1 design+expressions completed
*Sheep expressions still in progress
*Shinkka design still in progress
*First path of the script being written

1/21
*First path legitimately being written

1/25
*Demo released! Download here: /forum/sos-brigade-g...ml#post1456161

1/10
*3 paths currently being written
*More characters added
*THIS HAS NOT BEEN ABANDONED

6/25
*Almost done with one path
*STILL NOT ABANDONED
*Expect official alpha version released next month

these swimming gays ruined my life

Last edited by Ascherit; 06-25-2012 at 06:30 PM.