"How to" Instructions!
Disclaimer: The characters you see in the Scamming Demostrations are professional actors and no wallets have been hurt.
When posting evidence, please note the following:
How to Locate Your Trickster Online Screenshots
- Only Photobucket & Tinypic [or Attachments to the post ] hosted screenshots are accepted.
- Only the scammed should post the evidence. Don't post for your friends. Your friend does not know how to post? Your friend is shy? Your friend's IP is banned on MyTrickster? Well I'm sorry.
- Gacha Coin & Time Capsule scams are not accepted. They do not show up under the history.
- If the person admits that he/she scammed you/others, that is enough evidence to put him/her on this list.
- If the scammer returns whatever item, that does NOT mean they will be removed. "A scammer will always be a scammer, no matter what."
Note: To take a screenshot ingame, press the PRNTSCRN or an equivilant to it button on your keyboard (usually in the upper right-hand corner).
- Go into "Your Computer" or an equivalent of it.
- Go into your "C" Drive or an equivalent of it.
- Go into your "Trickster Online" Folder.
- Go into your "capture" Folder.
- Enjoy your collection of Screenshots!
All shots made (providing that you aren't lagging) will end up in the capture folder.
How to Use Photobucket
Non-Gacha MyShop Scams - You are the Buyer
- Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket.
- Click "Join Now" and fill out the desired information.
- Upon completion, log in.
- Click on "Upload Images & Videos" and locate the screenshot you desire to upload.
- Double click it and the auto-upload will begin.
- Once it is finished, click on the IMG Code link of the screenshot you just uploaded.
- Once it says Copied when you click the link, go to the thread and Ctrl+V to paste into the post.
Non-Gacha MyShop Scams - You are the Seller
- Screenshot the chat, agreement, and trade between you and the seller.
You need one screenshot where I can see the name of the person you are dealing with and another screenshot where you actually performed the transaction.
The chat should include the dealer going into MyShop, friending you, and other related things.
Note: Be sure to have the timestamps in the screenshots or else I can not verify it.
- After the person says something to confirm that he/she has sent the goods, go into your MyShop Gift Receive History.
- If you do NOT see the product being sent to you, then you take a screenshot of that and get out of MyShop.
- Confront the person, let dealer know that you haven't received the goods.
Note: If the dealer responds by deleting you from Friends, logging off, or just plain running away, screenshot that.
- Screenshot the chat, agreement, and trade between you and the buyer.
- Take screenshots of after you sent the requested item(s).
Note: Be sure to make the amount of money you have in view so I can properly evaluate the scam in progress.
- Screenshot your Gift Purchase History showing that you did indeed gifted the requested item to said buyer.
Note: It will say NOT RECEIVE in a purple box instead of orange if the receiver of the gift did not take it out of their MyShop inventory.
Last edited by Esper; 11-11-2009 at 02:32 PM.