View Single Post
06-28-2010   #32 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

@Valase
I can't really say anything about the 1st one because I feel like it's more about fan work so detail to the original proportions are what's focused on. Your second picture could use some more shading patch work on the hair behind the head. It looks pretty well done though :>

@Zeyru
Without the boarder, the image looks so full to my eyes (another way of saying it is that it makes me move my eyes more to look at it) which is good. The extra glowing lines make the image kind of hard to follow. It feels like there's multiple flowing paths. The shading on the head feels out of place and quickly it confuses me where the lighting is coming from. The extra darken on the left side makes the color scheme feel less bright and out of harmony. The bottom right feels too bright or empty from the extra lighting. I noticed you erased some extra blur effects and decreased the sharping in some areas of the picture and it's easier on my eyes as I move across your tag

@Michiko
Not much I can add on this except if you want to make it a little more appealing, you could try using a ruler when shading with lines and the areas of shadowing. By how the shadows are shaped, it feels like the light source is at the same height as her mouth as if there's an invisible candle right there. The shadow shading behind the left arm feels a bit jagged though. There's also some places where the shadowing goes beyond the lines like on the hair and pony tails. It also feels like the iris are bit curved against each other or they don't have the same curvatures. The character looks really cute though :3

Last edited by k0n; 06-28-2010 at 04:57 AM.