Thread: Shark Fin Soup
View Single Post
06-16-2010   #10 (permalink)
Torikakae
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikegundam
Actually, they are not really that dangerous..
People get killed by vending machine more often compare to getting killed by a shark. Normally, shark just takes a bite to see if it is food or not. If it is not they let go...
Most of the sharks (99%) don't target human as a prey. I think people just watch too much JAWS and don't accept the fact..
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhealer
This is one hell of a ignorant comment. Do they go around hunting for humans? No they don't. Humans find them dangerous cause sharks does kill human, accident or not. They do attempt to eat us. And so do we.

And if you look in the shark's point of view, aren't we the more dangerous ones? Humans travel out to sea to hunt for sharks only. We cut their fins off and throw them back to the sea. More sharks are getting killed then humans. So who is the more dangerous one?

PS: just can't stand people misunderstanding sharks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mums
Yea, I agree. When I was at an aquarium in Cape Town they played short movies to show how ridiculous it was to say that sharks are man eaters etc. They showed that more people die each year from toasters or falling off chairs than from shark attacks.
Agreed with the quoted statements. In fact, more people die of bee attacks than shark attacks, and shark attacks happen very rarely, and most of them in few specific isolated areas. Sharks only attack humans because the way they move in shallow waters (and the way they look from below especially if they have a surfboard) resembles sea otters and other natural prey. Most of the time, sharks don't eat the humans. Once they figure out that it's not their natural prey, they let go and leave. That's why you hear mostly (if not only) about "shark attack survivors", and hardly about "shark attack prey".

And like what crazyhealer said, humans kill a hell of a lot more sharks than sharks do to humans. And think about it, killing an entire being only for their fins, which is practically bland and tasteless but necessary for the being to breathe, just for the luxury and not necessity, is a pinnacle of vanity.

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~