View Single Post
06-01-2010   #11 (permalink)
Light
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoskidd
anyone knows how to get higher graphic than 128mb on the virtual machine?
also, what is the different of 1 and 2 cores, I dont see any different for that. Ram is useful or not for vm ware. (for lunia's speed only).
usually, i turn on 1 or 2 vm with one main client, and i have enough ram to share with to the vm.
spec: Quad core 2.3GHz
RAM: 8G
Graphic: geforce 9800
You can go higher in video power, but it's obvious your video card can't share any more then 128mb.
I use the same model at 512, but even if I could go over 128, I wouldn't do so because that just takes away from the primary OS.

1 or 2 cores make a major difference in multitasking.
If your intent is to just run lunia alone, then the single core does the job.
If you plan to run shitloads of applications, then 2 is your better choice.

1GB of RAM is enough for any VM to run optically, but since you can spare 2 without sacrificing primary performance, the extra GB is a bonus which can help lunia run more smoothly.

You should only be running 1 VM at a time unless you want to blow 50~75% of your primary operating power, which may and most likely overheat your system and cause strong latency on your network.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!