View Single Post
05-03-2010   #58 (permalink)
Queen
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100

There's no need to spend points on it at the time. This is a build focused on tetra punch for the 3rd job trials - if you get upper smash, that won't happen. I specifically designed this build for elemental melee+tetra to make the 3rd job trials easier. I believe this question was also asked earlier, and to make my point I compared tetra and upper+counter and tetra was like, 30k+ damage higher. You will literally OHKO about everything in the trials with tetra, plus it has a shorter cooldown than upper+counter.

Edit, here's the post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzuumi
Personally, I never saw the point of getting UC as it doesn't really help in training. As long as you use elemental melee, your fine. And the MP cost isn't very effective anyway. 25 TMs may seem like a lot now, but once you hit 3rd job you need every TM point you can get. If you're going to get UC+Counter (UC is useless w/out counter imo), plan on skipping out on Quad/Tetra until you see UC/Counter show up in the skill build.

The reason you only choose one or the other is because you want to save points for Adrenaline, and there really isn't any point in bossing until level 180, and by then you should have the skills needed to take on Count, unless of course you over-party quest and kill your TM.

I personally didn't try the trials with just UC+Counter, but imho I think Tetra is a wiser choice.
+ Tetra has a 7s cooldown, UC has 11s
+ Tetra is overall a stronger attack (100k+ vs. 40k~70k in Beach Field 4 for me)
As you can see, I have a lot of reasons to ignore upper. If you want tetra and adrenaline, you need to choose one or the other (tetra or upper).

It's all about looking at the long run.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
League of Legends Queen Nimera
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589