View Single Post
03-23-2010   #6299 (permalink)
Gaidin
ggFTW Moogler
Games
MapleStoryTrickster OnlinezOMG!

Gaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to allGaidin is a name known to all
IGN: Gaidin
Class: Water/Electric Wizard
Level: 220/233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchors
SoH is a crutch, but hardly necessary if you gear up properly for wherever you're going. If you rely on it too much, will you know how to do anything without it? ;o
I think that I'd personally more describe SoH as a tool that will become a crutch if you overuse/abuse it. There have been plenty of times where even with Light Shield I found myself getting smashed quite hard and fast by things. I almost never use it now outside of dealing with the high level shadow mobs (Gentle Sting, anything in Harkon Protector, etc), higher level guard breaking mobs, or being lazy, but I'd definitely say that it was fairly necessary on certain things at some point in time. Mostly when things could 1 hit me with Light Shield on while I spent ages casting.

---------

That aside, the butler shield really reminds me of the Blood Shield, just shaped differently. Gotta say though, I'm glad none of it enthralls me, that's just less temptation to bother with money related aspects of the game beyond what I already have.