View Single Post
02-24-2010   #17 (permalink)
Mitchi
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

I got a couple of tips to share that I use

Face (or any other skin with blackheads)

I use a sugar scrub every other night, which is just sugar with a small amount of water or green tea, just enough to wet it a little bit (it will feel like wet sand), too much liquid will dissolve the sugar. You can even add a little honey to it to help with keeping skin soft.

Just dampen your face and scrub gently by rubbing in circles. This will get rid of the dirt and dead skin and will soften your skin at the same time.

You can even use the scrub for the rest of your body too, since sugar softens the skin.

for oily skin

Moisturize. Every day. the biggest reason skin produces so much extra oil is because the skin is, ironically, too dry. So moisturizing helps keep the skin from making too much extra oil. and less extra oil = less dirt trapped in pores.

Ingrown hairs

I epilate as opposed to shaving (actually pulling the hairs out, like waxing or such) but it can leave some really bad ingrown hairs, and can cause a lot of itching, so what I do is use the same sugar scrub I mentioned before.

Just scrub a bit before a shower, and any time after you epilate. You have to keep at this, but it makes your legs soft and smooth and keeps the itching at bay, because there's no excess dead skin to cause the hairs to grow wrong.

tip #2

DO NOT use lotion right after shaving/epilating. This also causes ingrown hairs as it blocks the pores.

Mild deodorant

Some people are naturally predisposed to having sensitive underarms, especially ones that darken easily, so instead of deodorant, you can rub a small amount of baking soda on after a shower. It keeps the odor away and from what I've seen, doesn't clog up the pores. In even helps prevent darkening a bit.