View Single Post
02-22-2010   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker
Roboto707 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Roboto707
IGN: Roboto707
Class: Horny Mech Driving Elf Ninja lt_gunslinger
Guild: Royalty
Default Amazing Loophole: How to avoid death penalties.

Ok, so I was hunting for Iris Stones on my wizard because I was bored today and wanted to make some quick levels. I was obviously dying frequently from the mobs that were 100+ levels higher than my character. However, when I was around level 14, I noticed that I wasn't losing any experience or ely from death penalties.

And then it hit me: I was never told what a death penalty was.

Dora (the pot merchant in Elias) tells you about death penalties when you walk past her once you are level 11, similar to how scenario quests are only given to you if you walk by the NPC. However, by the time I got all the Iris Stones in the areas in and around Elias, I was only about level 7 or 8 by the time I left to the right of Elias to continue hunting. Therefore, I never actually talked to Dora about death penalties.

As silly as it may sound, you won't get death penalties from dying without an Iron Will if you've never heard of them.

So as long as you never walk past her, you'll never get death penalties. Crazy, huh?

The only catch is that you have to remember to warp to a further Iris Stone each and every time you want to go past her (I assume you can also get around her if you have a Warp Crystal). It is also assumed that you can click on her from a distance to buy pots and get quests from her.

Do note that as soon as you walk past her, you're pretty much screwed. If you try to exit the game, you'll just spawn right back on top of her when you log back into the game. I'm not sure if you can warp out right before she starts talking to you or whatever, but it's best to just keep your distance.

So, there you have it. Hopefully this will help some people when they decide to make a new character in the future. Obviously, when you screw up and forget that you're not supposed to walk past her, don't worry about it. Just buy some dern Iron Wills. D:<