View Single Post
02-10-2010   #10 (permalink)
Mitchi
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

You'd think that with the popularity of the KH games and with how much people like "Simple and Clean" and "Passion" that she'd get more coverage, but really, in the US, she's essentially just an unknown. I read somewhere that she's one of the top artists in Online markets (as in people buying digital music) but in terms of her CD sales in the US...well...all I have to say really is "Exodus."

Really what she needs is more promotion. Exodus was barely promoted at all, so not even a lot of her fans knew of it (I only found it because I've always been a huge fan of hers, but one store here had it). A Japanese artist is less likely to be played on a radio station than some mediocre American artist because only private radio stations will play stuff like this (there's one local station here that plays a TON of K-pop, but I think it's a college station or something). It's kinda sad but as far as listeners go, people who like asian pop (in the US anyway) are a minority as compared to people who like bad rap and crappy alternative.

Also, boo, I can't watch the vids. my internet sucks too hardcore for youtube