View Single Post
02-04-2010   #46 (permalink)
buta
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
Then they themselves have to live the rest of their lives knowing that they committed incest.
Sounds like you're saying they'll feel the guilt. That is solely based off of the assumption that all people work on the same moral line as you do.
By the way..
Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightMemento
Incest is as must of a mental disorder as any, normal humans are not attracted to family members like that. Therefore, it is a problem.

There's also the fact that it brings kids into this world with mental disorders and other severities just because you decided to mess around (most cases of incest also have inbreeding).

To the people saying it's no big deal if no one finds out: So I can go kill someone, and aslong as the authorities do not catch on it's okay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightMemento
The people who believed slavery was right more-than-likely did have underlying mental problems. And, thread derailed/10.
Phuc is having fun~
I like how you completely ignored half his arguments and just said the thread derailed. Actually, we're still on the topic of why it is wrong or not. Phuc is just illustrating his point. But since you might've missed that, I shall reiterate my own thoughts.

1. Again, since it needs to be said multiple times, subjective terms like "normal" don't get you anywhere. I don't know what Yukitchi might have said exactly, but what I get as well as my own understanding is that "normal" is dependent on where you live, your culture, and how you're brought up. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever to point at other cultures and say they're not normal when, in their eyes, you are the one that is not normal.

And if you're going to pull a "thread-derailed", don't bother. You're arguing on the basis that the western culture says it's wrong and not normal and so it must be wrong and not normal for the rest of the world. I believe that's called a "sweeping generalization".

2. Not all. Again, you're making a generalization. Increases chance, not 100% produces.

3. I don't see anyone saying it's okay. Do share where you got that from. Just because some people (like me?) said that just about no one goes out to broadcast there love life doesn't equate the fact that it's okay. Saying "it happens" is not advocacy. It's a fact.

4. On your offtopic response to phuc's example, again, normality is subjective. The people who brought the slaves over saw it as profit. Their time period does not equal now. The different human rights that people are struggling left and right to gain now did not exist back then. That's why it's history.

To them, slavery was normal. Mental problems? Again, if you wanna label things that don't fit your taste as a mental problem, you might as well label the entire human race as a mental case.