View Single Post
02-04-2010   #44 (permalink)
WhatThePhuc
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightMemento
Incest is as must of a mental disorder as any, normal humans are not attracted to family members like that. Therefore, it is a problem.

There's also the fact that it brings kids into this world with mental disorders and other severities just because you decided to mess around (most cases of incest also have inbreeding).

To the people saying it's no big deal if no one finds out: So I can go kill someone, and aslong as the authorities do not catch on it's okay?
oh you're too easy
where do i begin...
so you're arguing based on normality
if we take a look at some examples throughout history:
-it was the norm in the 17th century in colonial america to think of black people as property; that they are inferior to white people, etc. using your argument here, it would have been a "mental disorder" to respect black people as humans
-before the 16th century, most people believed the universe was heliocentric (earth in the middle, everything revolves around it). it would have been a "mental disorder" to think earth revolves around the sun.
i could go on and on with the paradigm shifts, but you get the idea
unless you're only arguing that incest is wrong as long as it isn't the norm; that if it was the norm then it would be ok

see the 2nd part of your post confuses me....
cuz you already responded to my post saying that sex doesn't necessarily lead to childbirth, yet you still bring up an argument that i already countered...

LOL the last part
i could use my colonial slavery example here
not only was killing black people ok, it was publicly accepted
you didn't even need to hide anything and everyone would be fine with it
and don't even get me started on when killing Jews was the norm in Germany
your killing example is flawed because killing IS socially acceptable in some situations
a common day example would be rival gangs like crips and bloods

you can't argue something is inherently wrong based on normality because the norm is different based on time, place, etc.

Last edited by WhatThePhuc; 02-04-2010 at 08:43 PM.