View Single Post
01-20-2010   #5 (permalink)
Shirakani
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRayne
Cannon's and Guitar's could theoretically use the same build.
Which brings us to the main comparison point: Why are geetars in the top 3 classes for PvP/PvE, and Cannons hardly anywhere on the radar?

DoT capability notwithstanding as comparing DevShell and RM is somewhat on the moot side as they are similar enough... The main difference is control. All the top pvp geetars have maxed Melody of Madness. I will forever maintain that if the Minstrel's sleep skill can hit the main like MoM can, she will be a LOT better regarded than she currently is.

As it stands in PvP, stun is worthless at the top end, and so is DoT in general due to DMF. I've seen numerous geetar mains win a PvP without ever casting RM once, not even once. What won the fight for them were well timed MoM casts on key mercs. This in itself is a huge factor, being able to totally seal a merc's skill use and is something Cannon does not have.

PvE talking, RM/DS aside, MoM is also arguably the difference maker. Most of you know by now that endgame/expansion Bosses have ridiculously strong AoE's. Geetars at least have the option of sealing off the AoE by constant MoM recasting on the boss. Cannons again do not have the luxury.

The mains are similar, but what makes one top tier and the other low tier is simply one skill that allows well placed control.