1. If you could choose between Pirates or Ninjas in a battle, who would you choose to win and why?
Ahh, the ongoing battle between Pirate and Ninjas, it is the ultimate showdown. If I were to too chose, I would go with pirates.
Reason: Pirates have guns, and guns win battles. No matter how fast or agile you are, you cannot dodge bullets, unless you are in the matrix.
2. What was better to watch growing up, Power Rangers or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
I never really got into the Ninja Turtle storyline (oh look another ninja question, someone likes ninjas :] ). When I lived in China, Ultraman was the one show that I was completely addicted to.
Since Power Rangers was also live-action, it shared some similarities with Ultraman, and that's why I watched it more than the Turtles.
3. When you create a character for a game, how do you pick out a name?
I usually go with my standard igns, Firebell for male character and Firebelle for female.
If those are taken I'll just go with something along the lines of sleeping. Because I am a lazy person and love to sleep. :]
4. Have you ever tried to match looks and/or personality of a game character to a character in a book, movie or other game?
When I was still in high school, I was really addicted to Resident Evil. I once tried to let my hair grow so I could get a Leon Kennedy hairstyle going.
But my parents saw that my hair got too long and forced me to cut it. :[
5. If you had the choice to be a normal person or conquer the world with mad robotic science, which would you choose?
Normal person. One thing I seek in life is peace and quiet (at least for now). If I was a World Dictator I don't think there will be much chance for me to spend quality time by myself.
Other goal in life: buy a beach house in a nice rural town and settle down. I dislike urban settings, way too complicated.
6. Who has it better, girls or guys and why?
I think guys have the easier life. Men don't have to worry about too much other than getting a job and supporting family. I don't think anything can match up to the amount of stress and pain women go through in giving birth to a child.
As a male, I feel very lucky.
7. Everyone has at least one embarrassing thing they've done when they were young that cracks other people up. What was yours?
I don't think any of my real life friends remembers this, and I surely don't want to bring it up again. But everytime I think about it, I have a little laugh to myself.
8. What have you done recently that could give #7 a run for its money?
My cellphone (also my music player) decided disconnect from my earphones and blast Hannah Montana music in my lecture room. At first I tried to pretend it wasn't mine.
But I had to let the truth come out because it was disrupting the lecture. D:
Or maybe when I was breaking down to some epic disco moves in my room with Village People blasting out of the speakers. It was a few hours later when I saw the video on facebook.
I left my curtains wide open and one of my friends recorded the whole thing.
9. Have you ever worn toe socks? If you have, what color are they?
Haha, toe socks, I remember I had this one pair that my grandmother wove for me when I was young, I think it was a grey-ish color. Quite comfortable I have to say, it also gives me the ability of seeing my toes move while wearing socks! :]
10. Does a game have to be aesthetically pleasing for you to be interested?
In my case, no. I always had a pretty slow computer growing up, so I was unable to play all the fancy high-graphic new games.
I often resorted to older games (Starcraft BW, Red Alert) and emulators instead of the mainstream popular games back in 2000-2005 ish.
11. There's a game you've wanted to play that comes out on both PSP and DS. Which do you choose, if you have neither and can get only one?
I would choose the DS. There is so much more DS has to offer than the PSP, espcially the touch screen. As I mentioned above, difference in graphic quality does not bother me.
12. Have you ever been sitting at the computer, only to have a spider dangle from the ceiling in front of your face to say hello? Did you just look up at your ceiling?
To be honest, you made me look :] It's never happened to me before, but I had situations where rather large flying insects land on my table.
Reaction goes as follows:
13. If you could have any strange pet without worry of species or how you would manage to care for it, what would it be and why?
If all these pets are tame, then I would want a velociraptor. It's size would make it nice for personal transport, and I read somewhere it can run pretty fast.
It also gets rid of my squirrel problem in my back yard. Those buggers are always eating all my flowers. I spend a whole day planting them, and the next morning I wake up and they've been chewed off.
14. It's Halloween and you're heading out to a costume party at the last minute. The only costumes left are Kuja or Princess Peach. Which do you choose and why?
I would probably choose Kuja. I don't think I will look too well in pink. Plus Kuja has a cooler costume :]
15. What did you think of this interview?