View Single Post
12-06-2009   #19 (permalink)
Esper
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
I vote that the announcement for who is in the event was poorly done.

You said 16. I assumed since I didn't get a PM, I wasn't in the contest. Then you changed to 18 and hid it in the thread. I don't spend 24/7 here. If I enter in a contest, I expect a new thread announcing who is in it, or a PM. Been like that for every other contest I've been in.

Announcement doesn't mean post in a thread and HOPE people read it. Maybe this is why events aren't attracting people. So... are the 33% of the contestants (as if that doesn't put up any red flags) that didn't see the post out of the contest? I personally don't see that as fair but I'll just remember to laugh next time events are under-participated.
I'm sorry that participants who signed up were not notified about me changing the maximum acceptance value.

I personally do not see a problem with posting the changes in the original thread if it was a second to last post before I closed it. While it is my fault for not notifying members about the changes, it is also the participants job to check the thread frequently.

Creating a new thread just to announce those selected or changes done would create too many unneeded threads. We make announcements within threads because as a participants, it is the participants job to check.
A PM would have been doable and again, I am sorry for causing any troubles.

While only twelve [12] out of the eighteen [18] only submitted their work, I can not push back everything because the polls have been placed.

There are bound to be certain flaws when starting a new event. This is one of them and I thank you for bringing it up. In the future, events like these shall receive a PM for those selected.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦