View Single Post
11-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
dude797
/gg FTW! Lurker

dude797 is on a distinguished road

Introduction to sprites

Your Sprite is the key to getting rare, powerful equipment. Your sprite can give you bonuses during a battle. You will want to choose a sprite that compliments your class. I recommend getting the Armor Crafter for your class as your Main Sprite. After all it can produce 5 items: Boots, Leggings, Gloves, Chest and Helm. A weapon Sprite will possibly produce 3 items: 1 handed weapon, 2 handed weapon or maybe even a weapon for a different class.

Let's check out some Sprite features:

Your Sprite menu can be brought up by hitting F6, F7 or F8 depending on Sprite Gem Position.

Your Main Sprite is F6. You can never, ever get rid of it. It is the only one capable of evolving and growing stronger with you.

You can summon a sprite to your side by right clicking its Gem and choosing summon.
While summoned, if the Sprite has Blaze on or clothing equipped, you will get stat bonuses. It will also pick up items for you. Your sprite must be in a good mood to be summoned and must have around 60% of its stamina.

On the upper right hand corner you will see your Sprites mood. Ranging from Ecstatic to Depressed, this affects your Sprite success rates.

Ecstatic
Happy
Neutral
Depressed (Hope your happy...i Abused my sprite to get this pic)

When your Sprite is happy, it has a better chance of bringing you additional items when performing an action. By chatting with your Sprite you can take it out of Depressed Mood if it has enough Stamina.

Leaving your sprite depressed for too long causes it to run away. You must wait for it to come back before you can do anything with it.

Let's check out the Detail menu

Relationship: How much your Sprite likes you. A higher Relation decreases your production cost and increases your chance at getting better stats in your gear.

*Theory: I believe Relationship directly relates to Chest and Helm Crafting. I made 2 chest and 2 helms in a row with my main sprite, who has full relationship to me. My friend failed doing this with a sprite found in the wild, with little relationship points.*

Stamina:Perhaps your Sprites most important stat. Stamina affects your success rate in Collecting, Crafting, Training & Salvaging. Once it falls below 60% you have a greater chance of your Sprites mood dropping by one point. If it gets empty, there is a chance the Sprite will go into depression.

On the lower left hand side we see the Sprite's talent Skill levels. Once it fills up, your Sprite talent will increase. You can increase your Sprite's talents by performing the action you want to increase(i.e. if you want higher Mining, send your Sprite out mining) or have your Sprite go into Training.

Here we see the Sprite's blaze ons. Once equipped, when you summon your Sprite by your side, you will get bonuses like, for instance, + 7 physical damage. There are two slots, A and B. Only A blaze on cards will go into the A slot, and the same applies to B blaze ons.
Blaze ons can be bought from Sprites in cities, found as drop or given as quest rewards.

Here we have Clothing slots. Once a Sprite is lvl 20+ you can equip these. These give special effects during battles. You can buy Clothing at any Sprite Merchant in mayor Cities.

Sprite Furniture deals with productivity. They usually decrease Collecting time, or increase % of receiving more items. You MUST have a work table in order to Craft items. Fortunately you get one as a quest reward early on in the game. You can buy more at the Sprite Merchant as well as furniture.

Sprite's Xp bar. Once it fills up, you are ready to evolve your main sprite. Any Sprite's in found in the Wild should be returned to Nature at any Altar. If the Xp bar is full when you return the Sprite to Nature, you get Rep points with Sprite Faction, and better rewards in Mail box later. A sprite returned to nature is lost. You lose rep points and get so-so rewards if you return it with under 50% xp.

Sprite quick maintenance: You can quickly improve your Sprite's Mood by 2 points by buying a Sprite Lollipop in the Item Mall (I button in game) and restore about 1/3 a Sprite's stamina by buying a Sprite's donuts in Item Mall. The Sprite Merchant sells weaker version of these items for coin at a rather expensive price.

Last edited by dude797; 11-28-2009 at 01:45 PM.