View Single Post
11-15-2009   #1 (permalink)
Miyuki
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina
Default Miyuki's Antivirus Software Test

Just some antivirus testing by myself, and using some of the malware links that I found in the internet.

Rather than reading those reviews made by some sites...I decided to try the antivirus software myself since...it's hard to believe if you didn't even try it yourself. And probably some of those "review comments" were being "paid" anyway...so, yeah.

Anyhow, the antivirus software I tested are those freeware andtivirus such as AVG, Avira and as well commercial antivirus software such as Kaspersky, Norton Antivirus.

I've tested them using virtualization software, and not on a real machine. And it's not advisable to do the real test on your own actualy machine, unless you've other pc to play on.

This is purely tested on my own, and not some copies from other website. probably there's some other antivirus software I missed out, but you can suggest me to try on it, and I'll try to test them.

This might helps on those members who kinda confused or not sure which antivirus to try/buy.

Well...actually I was..bored, so why don't I just try them up ;x

Setup:

Host PC
Quote:
- AMD Phenom X4 2.3Ghz
- 2GB RAM
- Windows 7 64 bit
- Sun VirtualBox
Virtualization environment setup:
Quote:
- Intel/AMD Compatible running on only 1 core.
- AMD-V, Nested Paging enabled.
- Windows XP Pro SP 3, fully updated.
- 512MB of RAM
- Resizeable HDD space.
Tools I used:
Quote:
- Sun VirtualBox - VirtualBox
- BootRacer to measure the boot-up to desktop time. - BootRacer - Test your Windows boot speed
Free Antivirus
Commercial Antivirus
The Malware
Quote:
- Trojan-Clicker.Win32.Liah
- Trojan.Win32.Sasfis.uoo
- HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen
- Web exploits
- Web exploits
- Trojan-GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.vuez
- Trojan.Win32.Refroso.qng
- RogueAV
- Trojan-Downloader.Win32.CodecPack.kgo
- RogueAntiSpyware
- Website exploits, spyware/trojan [rootkit]
- W32.Downloader
Please take note, I tested this inside virtualization [VirtualBox], it's like a sandbox where you can just deletes/reverts to original state once you've finishes your work.

Also, the bootup time might be vary to different computers.

Last edited by Miyuki; 11-15-2009 at 03:12 AM.