11-08-2009   #9 (permalink)
Light
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Some mods while interesting, can cause more damage then good.
XML editing requires perfection, one tiny flaw can cause many errors, some which can't be easily reversed.

That was one of the reasons why I left out XML editing, as the previous guide which used that technique got more complaints and problems then actual results.

The second reason was the complexity.
In comparison to a few swaps as opposed to coding a file, it was far easier for the general userbase to switch some files, instead of attempting to code things around.
XML is more hassle then it's worth when there are easier alternatives, and many agree with me on that.
--

My advice to you, is if you intend to explain simple-mildly complicated XML edits (which are what you mention), you will have to do so with great detail and pinpoint accuracy, without making it overly complicated and hard to understand.
Not everyone can understand things on the same level as another, and not all complicated things can be explained in a simple manner.

That will be your major stepping stone in this guide, Good Luck.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!