View Single Post
11-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker
Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Originally Posted by buta
If you haven't actually played the class, I hardly think you're qualified to make a blatant assumption as to the usefulness of the class.

Yes, Crusaders have support skills. That does NOT mean that they are ONLY support. That does NOT mean that they're suddenly useless and can't kill a thing. Crusaders hold their own, be it mostly after priest patch.

Can I point out that he is level 48 doing Hatchery on Expert?

I have a crusader, level 37 as of last night. I love him, I think he is immensely helpful and so says everyone he groups with. However, I'm full support but I feel I can gather some information from that on how a battle crusader would be. As shown in that video, a battle crusader is not the most wicked damage dealer and is probably more fit for soloing.

Crusaders are the most self-sufficient class in the game and as such can go through stages without ever running out of MP or HP. For a party, it's an obvious better benefit to have a full support Crusader instead of a crusader trying to be a damage dealer. While they can do good damage sometimes, it'll never really compare to other classes outside of PvP.

I do notice that Crusader doesn't have Divine invocation and if he was planning on being a solo or duo player like a battle crusader should be intending, I figure he would max it since it gives a lot of strength at high levels and thus a lot more damage. Since Crusaders pretty much wrap their play around basic attacks and Blades of purity, upping your base damage is best. (And for that reason, you pretty much become a support if you devote to buffing, that's the trick to Crusaders. The buffs are just TOO good.)

Also... do buffs last longer after that patch?

And I want to see a video of that Crusader in a stage near his level because even I have soloed expert Hatchery on my Crusader. It took forever... beating the Boss's regen was not a fun task.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."