View Single Post
10-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
Nihil679
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRai
Just curious, I'm going to start playing DFO, and would like some insight in how the game works.

-Combo System

How exactly does it work?
From what I've seen, it's just putting skills together, and I realize level of skill effects height, but what else?

The combo system is... probably the simplest thing you'll ever do in your life. Many combos start out as the basic dial-X combo, meaning your full chain of X attacks (Slayer 3, Fighters 4, Mage 3, Gunner 4, Priest 4?). As you advance, you can Cancel passives that let you cancel your basic dial-X combo into whatever skill the passive corresponds to. For example, a level 15 Fighter with level 5 Muse's Uppercut can get the cancel, Cancel - Muse's Uppercut. Meaning the combo can be XXXX -> use Muse's Uppercut -> whatever else you want.

It's really something you just jump in and try out for yourself to learn, honestly.

-Super Armor
So... You can't be hit during these frames correct?, Which skills have them, and or how can you tell?

Okay, super armor. You CAN be hit during frames, HOWEVER, you will have NO flinch or hit stuns, meaning you're a tank. You'll take damage and everything, but you'll throw it off like rocks. The MOST NOTABLE skills that have them are MANY character launch attacks, the first attacks you get in the game. I think only the Mages have no super armor skills, Slayers have a couple more, Fighters have a nice number, Gunners have minimal, and Priests that become Exorcists have plenty. You can tell when you have super armor by the red and yellow outline on your character.

-Build
I get that 1-17 or w/e is just free for all, but after that, Is their cookie cutter builds? or Does it just vary on what you want

Honestly, I do not suggest a cookiecutter. There are the few "MUST GET" skills on each character and class, but everything else is sort of up to you to decide, which is what makes this game more fun and unique. Builds make up your combos, so it's all up to you.

-Pvp
Just curious, any difference between builds?

There's a few differences depending on each character. A majority of them have the same principal though. You can kind of figure them out by watching a bunch of clips of DnF PvP videos.

I might submit more questions as they come up, but I'm just currently getting the feel
Hope it helps.