View Single Post
10-23-2009   #15 (permalink)
WhatThePhuc
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

"If demand increases, the supply will decrease due to too many people buying keys at 25g."

incorrect. in the market for random keys, if a new character is released, it's understandable that the demand goes up, but the supply would not go down. it's more likely that supply of random keys to increase, since sellers expect future prices to increase. or the supply curve doesn't have to move at all.

"Then you will regret selling it at 25g because you could have done the same exact thing and made 5g more than what you sold it for."

self-explanatory why i think this is misleading

"Nobody will buy from that person, because obviously, why buy at 30g when you can easily find one for 20g?"

here are some possible reasons:
-random keys are a low percentage of income
-realistically, i doubt EVERY shop will be selling random keys; in that situation, the opportunity cost of buying the one for 30g: searching around for one that is cheaper. This can be a problem since myth raids have a time limit to enter. There are also buyers who need all the time they can get when a new character is released, if they are racing to be the best of that character; in my experience, ALOT of players race to be the best at a newly-released character.

"If a shop is selling an equip for 200g next to you, don't be stupid and sell yours for 500g. It will NOT sell."

willingness to buy & willingness to sell are not constant for every buyer and seller in the market. and i tell you that based on experience.

the problem i see with your guide is that you assume all other factors constant, which is not true in the lunia economy (and real economy)

Last edited by WhatThePhuc; 10-23-2009 at 01:16 AM.